By Maartje Abbenhuis
Read Online or Download An Age of Neutrals: Great Power Politics, 1815–1914 PDF
Best political history & theory books
This provocative publication provides compelling facts that the elemental challenge at the back of environmental destruction―and weather swap in particular―is the operation of liberal democracy.
Es gehört mittlerweile zum einigermaßen gesicherten Wissensbestand der Soziologie der europäischen Integration, dass im durch eine spezifische institutionelle Architektur geprägten Entscheidungsgefüge der Europäischen Union gesellschaftliche Konflikte wie Verteilungs-, Interessen- und Wertkonflikte weitgehend entpolitisiert werden.
Debates approximately U. S. overseas coverage have revolved round 3 major traditions--liberal internationalism, realism, and nationalism. during this publication, exotic political scientist Henry Nau delves deeply right into a fourth, neglected international coverage culture that he calls "conservative internationalism. " This procedure spreads freedom, like liberal internationalism; fingers international relations, like realism; and preserves nationwide sovereignty, like nationalism.
Defined via Melvin Lasky as "one of the good reporters of our time," Luigi Barzini was once additionally one of many nice cultural historians of recent Italy. From Caesar to the Mafia brings jointly his best essays, approximately 1/2 them by no means ahead of released within the English language. even if discussing the deep Italian roots of Julius Caesar, Casanova's contribution to the paintings of dwelling colossal, or Camillo Cavour's contribution to a democratic in addition to built-in kingdom, Barzini makes Italian tradition come alive.
- Young Citizens in the Digital Age: Political Engagement, Young People and New Media
- Advocacy and Objectivity: A Crisis in the Professionalization of American Social Science, 1865-1905
- Latin American Foreign Policies towards the Middle East: Actors, Contexts, and Trends (Middle East Today)
- War in a Twilight World: Partisan and Anti-Partisan Warfare in Eastern Europe, 1939-45
- Commerce and Peace in the Enlightenment
- The State: Past, Present, Future (Keyconcepts)
Extra info for An Age of Neutrals: Great Power Politics, 1815–1914
An Age of Neutrals: Great Power Politics, 1815–1914 by Maartje Abbenhuis