By I. Williams
Read or Download Allies and Italians under Occupation: Sicily and Southern Italy 1943-45 PDF
Best political history & theory books
This provocative e-book provides compelling facts that the elemental challenge at the back of environmental destruction―and weather switch in particular―is the operation of liberal democracy.
Es gehört mittlerweile zum einigermaßen gesicherten Wissensbestand der Soziologie der europäischen Integration, dass im durch eine spezifische institutionelle Architektur geprägten Entscheidungsgefüge der Europäischen Union gesellschaftliche Konflikte wie Verteilungs-, Interessen- und Wertkonflikte weitgehend entpolitisiert werden.
Debates approximately U. S. international coverage have revolved round 3 major traditions--liberal internationalism, realism, and nationalism. during this ebook, unusual political scientist Henry Nau delves deeply right into a fourth, missed overseas coverage culture that he calls "conservative internationalism. " This process spreads freedom, like liberal internationalism; palms international relations, like realism; and preserves nationwide sovereignty, like nationalism.
Defined through Melvin Lasky as "one of the good newshounds of our time," Luigi Barzini was once additionally one of many nice cultural historians of recent Italy. From Caesar to the Mafia brings jointly his best essays, approximately 1/2 them by no means prior to released within the English language. no matter if discussing the deep Italian roots of Julius Caesar, Casanova's contribution to the artwork of dwelling substantial, or Camillo Cavour's contribution to a democratic in addition to built-in state, Barzini makes Italian tradition come alive.
- Empires and Bureaucracy in World History: From Late Antiquity to the Twentieth Century
- From Passions to Emotions: The Creation of a Secular Psychological Category
- Karl Popper and the Social Sciences (SUNY series in the Philosophy of the Social Sciences)
- Public Administration in Perspective: Theory and Practice Through Multiple Lenses
- The formation of Croatian national identity: A Centuries-old Dream? (New Approaches to Conflict Analysis)
- Domestic Role Contestation, Foreign Policy, and International Relations (Role Theory and International Relations)
Additional resources for Allies and Italians under Occupation: Sicily and Southern Italy 1943-45
Allies and Italians under Occupation: Sicily and Southern Italy 1943-45 by I. Williams